A CAMEO FROM THE PAST, the prehistory and early history of the Kruger National Park

: Pienaar (U.) et al

R 250.00
- +

Send us an email to request this title

757pp., 4to., b/w & colour illus., maps, hardback, Pretoria, 2012


Translated from the Afrikaans by Helena Bryden.

Covers the period from the proclamation of the Sabie Reserve in 1898 to 1946, when James Stevenson-Hamilton retired. From 1902 Hamilton served as the warden of both Sabie Nature Reserve and the Shingwedzi Reserve (established in 1904). The parks were expanded into the Kruger National Park in 1926.

Includes folded maps loosely inserted.

Dr U. de V. Pienaar was Head of the Kruger National Park from 1978. In 1987 he became Chief Director of National Parks. He died in 2011.